Registration Reinstatement

When you need your registration reinstated, make a trip to 1 Stop Title Loans to get all fixed up.


Why did my insurance company make a report to the Arizona MVD?

If you have a lapse in insurance coverage, your insurance company can report that to the MVD. This means you no longer have coverage.

What is mandatory insurance?

Arizona requires that every motor vehicle operated on roadways be covered by one of the statutory forms of financial responsibility, more commonly called liability insurance, through an insurance company that is authorized to do business in Arizona. This requirement also includes golf carts, motorcycles and mopeds.

Minimum levels of financial responsibility are $25,000 bodily-injury liability for one person and $50,000 for two or more people. $15,000 property-damage liability.

How can I get my insurance reinstated?

You must be able to provide proof of liability insurance and pay a reinstatement fee. If you have “no lapse” in coverage, you must contact your insurance company for a No Lapse Letter, stating you had no lapse & continuous coverage. If you had more than one insurance company within the suspension period, you must provide proof from all insurance companies involved.

How can I clear a registration suspension?

You must provide proof of Arizona liability insurance that was in effect at the time of the suspension. Or, if that proof cannot be obtained, you must pay a $50 reinstatement fee and provide current proof of Arizona liability insurance.

Payment may be made by cash, cashier’s check or money order. Some offices accept credit cards. Cash and credit card not accepted by mail. No personal checks accepted.

What happens if I drive without insurance?

If you continue to drive your vehicle without insurance, you can have your vehicle’s registration suspended and/or your driver’s license.

What is an SR22?

Failure to maintain proper insurance could lead to the suspension of your vehicle registration, driver license or both. To reinstate these privileges, fees and future proof of financial responsibility must be filed. The future proof requirement is most commonly an SR22 from an insurance company licensed to conduct business in the state of Arizona.

How long am I required to have an SR22?

You must maintain an SR22 for three years from the date of suspension, unless it is a judgment suspension. Judgment suspension requirements can vary from case to case.

How long do I have to get insurance after I register my car?

Insurance is required immediately, before driving the vehicle.

My vehicle is being stored so I dropped the insurance, and now the registration is suspended. What should I do?

Complete a De-Insured Certificate form. Once restoration is complete, get proof of insurance, complete a nonuse certificate and apply for registration. We also recommend that you retain receipts showing parts purchased; they may be required to document the periods of nonuse.

When I provide proof of insurance, when will my plates and registration be reinstated?

In some cases immediately, in others within 24 hours after receipt, provided the information submitted meets the requirements of the law.

If I have an insurance suspension in Arizona, will this affect me getting a driver license in another state?

Yes, you will not be able to obtain a driver license in another state until your suspension is cleared in Arizona. It may also prevent you from obtaining vehicle insurance in that state.

MVS Services Available

  • 5036 W Cactus Rd in Glendale
  • 940 N Alma School Rd in Chandler
  • 4385 W Bell Rd in Glendale
  • 1501 N. 16th St in Phoenix
  • 11249 W Buckeye Rd. in Avondale
  • 833 N. Cooper Rd. In Gilbert
  • Anthem Way & Galvin Peak Pkwy in Anthem (COMING SOON)