MVS Permit

We Offer the Following Services for Permits:

  • Restricted Use 3-day
  • 30 Day General Use
  • 90 Day Resident Registration
  • 90 Day Non-Resident Registration


What is a Restricted Use 3-Day Permit?

A restricted 3-day permit allows you to operate an unregistered vehicle from its current location to a specified destination. This type of permit is valid for the following reasons only:

  • Emissions Testing
  • Vehicle Inspection
  • Application for Title and/or Registration
  • Vehicle repair to comply with Emissions or Inspection

Keep in mind, no more than three Restricted Use 3-Day Permits can be issued to any vehicle in a 12 month period.

How long is the Restricted Use 3-Day Permit valid for?

Under this permit, you are allotted three business days following the date of purchase. Weekends and holidays are not counted towards the 3-day permit. You can be cited for misuse of a 3-day permit.

What is the proper way to display the Restricted Use 3-Day Permit?

Your Restricted Use 3-Day Permit must be displayed horizontally in the lower right corner of the vehicle’s rear window so that it is clearly visible from outside the vehicle.

What is a 30-Day General Use Permit?

A 30-Day General Use Permit allows you to operate a vehicle when no other permit applies.

How long is the 30-Day General Use Permit valid?

The 30-Day General Use Permit is valid for thirty (30) calendar days from the date of purchase. All expired 30-Day General Use Permits must be destroyed and they cannot be photocopied.

How many 30-Day General Use Permits can I get?

You are allowed only one permit per vehicle within a 12-month period.

How is the 30-Day General Use Permit displayed?

The top half of the 30- Day General Use Permit form is to be displayed horizontally in the lower right corner of the rear window so that it is clearly visible from outside the vehicle. The bottom portion of the permit is the registration and this section needs to be kept inside the vehicle.

What is a 90 Day Resident Registration?

If you are an Arizona resident and you do not have complete documentation for issuance of a title or registration, you can apply for a 90-day registration. This type of registration allows you to continue to operate your vehicle as you obtain additional documentation.

What is a 90 Day Non-Resident Registration?

If you are not a resident of Arizona, you are allowed to purchase a 90-Day Non-Resident Registration Permit. This is a temporary license plate that will allow you to drive your vehicle back to the state in which you reside. Typically, this permit is used in cases where a non-resident purchases a car in Arizona and intends to drive it to their home state and register it there.

MVS Services Available

  • 5036 W Cactus Rd in Glendale
  • 940 N Alma School Rd in Chandler
  • 4385 W Bell Rd in Glendale
  • 1501 N. 16th St in Phoenix
  • 11249 W Buckeye Rd. in Avondale
  • 833 N. Cooper Rd. In Gilbert
  • Anthem Way & Galvin Peak Pkwy in Anthem (COMING SOON)